A Bit About the Board
On April 3 of 1914 the Board of Trade was formed with the purpose of promoting and improving trade and commerce and the economics, civic, and social welfare of the people of the area. The Board of Trade wrote letters and communicated constantly with government officials in regards to improving the area. Roads needed to be built, mail had to be sent, and land was waiting for many people who were desperate to acquire it.
In 1958, it was moved/carried that the Board of Trade change its name to “The Fort Vermilion and Area Board of Trade” which then composed of 6 men: 2 from Fort Vermilion, 2 from La Crete, and 2 from the North Peace Area.